Friday, June 6, 2014

MY LAST POST

OH MY GOSH IT'S MY LAST BLOG POST


My goal for 20-time was to become a better-rounded musician and to learn how to play a really popular instrument that everyone loves. This was entirely for my own satisfaction as adding another instrument to my repertoire would make me a better rounded person. During the project, I learnt what the frets are and I know that given time, and sheet music, I’d be able to play anything on guitar. I recorded myself playing Many of Horror by Biffy Clyro and it was such a cool experience seeing me play this song that they play for stadiums of people. So I do think I’ve become a better-rounded musician with more experience in chord progressions and I looked really cool in that video. Don't believe me?




VOILA

So that was pretty cool. Don't worry I did in fact learn how to play "that part"!

So I'm sure you're all wondering what this project actually meant to me. This project had a very

positive impact on me because it gave me a lot of confidence in my own abilities. The fact that I could pick up a completely new instrument and learn how to play it for the most part in a couple of weeks lets me know that I can do anything if I set my mind to it. As far as the community goes, I could play in some bands or musical programs now. There are a lot of more qualified people than me, but I could do it and additional music is always beneficial to the community.

However, saying that I played for a few weeks is a little misleading. Earlier in the year when I did basically the same thing with piano, there were weeks leading up to the show where I'd spend up like 5 or 6 weeks practicing; not including the two weeks prior to the show where I was required to play where two or three hours per day playing. For this project I probably only spent a max of two hours per week playing this so that video is showing me on only my fourth chance getting to play that song. So that's my reason for playing terribly so DON'T JUDGE ME

One thing I regret is that I never completely figured out how to strum “like a guitarist”. By that I mean I was never able to strum smoothly according to any rhythm. Because of this, I never

got the rock sound that I would have like to have. But overall, there weren’t any parts of the project that were more difficult than I expected. Like I’ve said before, guitar came much easier to me than I expected.

Overall, this experience has been pretty great. I enjoy looking shweet while playing my guitar and I'm really proud of all the progress I've made for the most part. I went from knowing

absolutely nothing about playing guitar to being able t think my project was a success for theo play songs like Many of Horror. My goal was to learn how to play guitar and I definitely achieved that. To be a bigger success, I would have liked to learn how to play more complicated music before 20-time ended. 

This is not the end of my guitar playing. I intend to impress my brother by learning some cool guitar music in the future.

 Some great resources I intend to use: 



 Have a great life everyone; Peace Out










 


No comments:

Post a Comment