Friday, March 28, 2014

My goal on this blog is to document my time learning guitar. The first week is almost done and I haven't even picked up a guitar yet. I'm pretty confident though that I can pick up guitar pretty fast. I've been playing music for 6 years so the only problem is learning the fingerings. I've gone through this process recently with the piano where I started playing after a few years. That process has gone pretty smoothly so I'm hopeful. Connor Reed has told me what the strings of a guitar are and it turns out that the low four strings are the exact same as a violin's!

My ultimate goal is just to learn to play some cool music. I'm sort of jealous of people that already know how to play guitar because it is a really awesome instrument with some chill music. I'll finish this project off by doing a duet with Rachel so hopefully I'll get to impress everyone. Ultimately, I just want to become a more well-rounded person and gain a better understanding of music.

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to hearing your duet! What songs will you play? What is your favorite music? Is there a memorable song or meaningful song you'd like to play? It would be cool to hear your own original work if you wrote your own song or one together. See this link for a cool story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EAjQiet6So

    ReplyDelete